Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #37
04scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340432
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Wagon
Blue

so i have the invidia v3 3in divorced dp here, the gimmick v3 vband cbe will be here tomorrow morning, i have a new rear 02 sensor, gaskets, dei wrap for the dp, and 3 kartboy long hangers for the gimmick muffler(wagons have crappy clearance i heard). Couple little questions, I hear that with a catless dp, the rear 02 sensor will still throw a code bc its now going to be measuring uncatted exhaust, theres a threaded extension I read about that you can thread into the DP then thread the new 02 sensor in.. worth it or a waste of time. Also, I plan on doing an uppipe soon due to the catted stock uppipe, i dont want the cat internals to break apart and EFF up the turbo fins(or worse). I was thinking an aftermarket up pipe,(suggestions?) which I will also DEI wrap, w/o 02 sensor bung then doing the 2.2Kohm resistor mod for the CEL. Is this a decent fix or are there better ways. I have a Cobb AP, I will obviously be putting on the stage 2 tune right after I get all the exhaust on, and I know it will be overall beneficial to get an actual tune from a shop (ill be going to ET Tuning(union, mo)) which is about an hour and a half away however I wont be able to go for a little while. Will the stage 2 tune from an AP be enough for now until I can get to ET Tuning?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
04scoobywrxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote