Scooby Newbie

Member#: 229300
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2011 obp wrx hatch
08 dgm fxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfoot98H4 View Post
Try lower sycamore for long range and four peaks for shorter. Thats all i know of thats not prohibitted. Mcso stopped by when i was out there last, they suggested leave no trace. Pick up trash keeps it open..Otherwise little affghanistan is an option off of el camino vijo road back in there past queen valley but it most deffinately says prohibitted there.
Yeah, we went to the place out near queen valley/florence junction. It definitely says "target shooting prohibited, hunting allowed, permit required", but we went anyway and found a little spot on the east side of a small mountain about a quarter mile in. There were several people around the other side of the mountain doing the same thing. It was an absolute mess though, mattresses set up, shell casings EVERYWHERE, trash strewn about. We did our best to pack up out at least what we brought in, but I can see why they don't want you out there if everyone just trashes the place.

I'm curious what happens if someone actually comes out there though and catches you shooting targets? Fine?

We talked to a resident that lived a couple miles back and said he always comes out there and has never been hassled, but I still wonder what the repercussions are.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Teehsee is offline   Reply With Quote