NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 287454
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
E92 M3
630whp / 424wtq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmubishi View Post
Two weeks ago Josh didn't know what a leakdown test was. Josh declined to have us tune his new engine and took it to Bren and now in his build thread he's writing that having the AFR at "the old" 10.8 instead of 11 at WOT caused the cylinders to wash. This is the kind of stuff I had to deal with.

Let me tell everyone what the four of us have done in the name of customer service. A couple of years ago we had two Subaru engine builds going on at once. There was a problem at the machine shop with the heads. Problems happen. The valves didn't seal well on any of the 4 heads. We had to pull the finished motors and disassemble, new studs, new gaskets, back to the machine shop, then do the job over. That's one time and we lost about 8k to make things perfect

In November of this year we had two high-end sleeved blocks fail- one from a shifted sleeve and another for reasons unknown- probably bad gas. They were both over $10k to build. We replaced them both for free. 20k OUT THE WINDOW. That was only two months ago. Imagine how many times things like this happen over the course of 10 years! Imagine if we said "we didn't cause this so we can't cover it" That would have kept us in business. What I'm saying is that the liability of fulfilling dreams based on unrealistic magazine articles and internet posts is not a good business to be in.
As you already know ... but to make clear to others, we told the customer the previous mapping (for an older motor) could not have caused his oil burning issues.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BrenTuning is offline   Reply With Quote