soobie doo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324017
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru604 View Post
I have the base 2013 impreza without the roof rails, can I still add the roof racks or crossbars (whatever they are called) on my roof?

Do I need the rails to do this? I like the look of the rails too, is it possible to add it on to my base model? I didn't felt like paying extra thousands for the sport edition when I bought this car.

If I can't add the rail option, which cross-bars do you guys recommend for me that is also theft proof?

is it screwed on or just snap on?
I'm in the same boat as you: Got the base hatch, plan to get a roof rack in the spring.

There's a post somewhere way back in this thread from someone who had their dealership put rails on their non-sport hatch. It was a big hassle, they had to drill through the roof, and I'd generally be inclined to say that it's not worth the trouble and expense.

You can get a roof rack on your car without the rails, for much less money. It just doesn't look quite as well-integrated, and probably doesn't have the same level of flexibility. There's loads of pictures and information in this thread from people who've set up racks with and without the rails.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote