Scooby Newbie

Member#: 127953
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnGT View Post
Whelp my AVH-P4400 just flat died on me driving home tonight. The buttons on the front still light up, but the screen will not come on and the unit itself beeps faintly twice every few seconds like some kind of error code??

I pulled it completely out and checked all the wires, which I soldered and shrink wrapped myself. Checked the fuses as well but no dice- it won't do anything other than light up and beep at me. I am completely at a loss?

I can't find a reference for these units 'beeping' anywhere, not even in the manual. Unit has been flawless until today...Anyone have any ideas on what else it might be?

I just had to replace our main TV in the house for a couple thousand bucks so this is not good timing at all!

TIA!
Just an update to this- It's officially dead. I had it bench tested at CarToys...So I popped the stocker back in for now. Man it sounds like hell. I tweaked the factory underseat sub's gain UP a bit which helped somewhat...

I'm going to submit a warranty claim and then sell it cheap so keep an eye out if your interested - haha.

I'm going to wait for the AVIC-x950bt to be available and pop that in. To be honest I missed the Navi I had in my AVIC-x930 and the screen res on the 4400 was lacking.

Finally the iOS6 functionality issues with the 4400 were killing me.

Hopefully SVXDC will have a harness for me when I get it (I am guessing the 4400 harness he sent me won't work on the 950)

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RockyMtnGT is offline   Reply With Quote