Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327175
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Metallic Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
Realistically though, oil consumption isnt a condition that tends to BETTER with mileage/use. Good luck. Let SOA know youre not happy.
I'm definitely going to let the dealership know I am unhappy again when I pick up the car this afternoon and if this persists or happens again before my next oil change I'll contact SOA. I'm wishing that it's simply caused by an incomplete break in but at this point its doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
Chances are you are in "severe service" schedule unless you only do highway in summer temps.
Yeah, N.Y. weather and hudson valley hills; typically driving a lot around town mixed with driving on the highway for ~40 mins every now and then. The fact that I just got back from a longer trip to vermont where I was riding at around 70mph @3k rpm in fifth for 2-3 hours plus I've already driven 8.5k miles makes me think the engine is well broken in. Although some earlier posts suggest riding at 5k rpm for a while to ensure the engine is fully broken in. I had been babying it until I hit the 500 mile mark only hitting 5k when getting on the highway. I guess I'll give it a try, if it doesn't lower my oil consumption at least I'll have some fun .
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JPfail is offline   Reply With Quote