Tmibiker
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328048
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza 2.5TS
Midnight Black Pearl

Fun story time!

So, I went to leave Detroit on Sunday after Son of SnoDrift, and in the process of checking my tire pressure, I noticed something was amiss! My front driver's side tire had a pretty significant blister on it. With 4200 miles on them. Not cool at all. That, and General does not have a road hazard warranty on them (despite the fact that this is obviously a manufacturing defect - there are absolutely no scratches, bruises, or even a tiny scrape on the sidewall) and there are no shops here who will warranty all four tires for me, since I need them all replaced at once.

I've got a road hazard warranty back at the shop I bought them from in Battle Creek... but I'm in Detroit. So I talked to the shop back in BC, and they said if I bought ONE tire here to replace the bad one, take the bad one with me back to them, they'd refund me for the one tire/mounting/balancing. Whether or not they'll replace all four tires is yet to be seen. I'm really not going to be thrilled if they decide that running one tire with a different circumference than the other three is a good idea on an AWD car...

I really like supporting local small mom & pop shops, but sometimes there's a benefit to getting stuff from big chains, especially when it comes to warranty work. Hopefully driving carefully home on slightly mismatched tires won't kill anything, right?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tmibiker is offline   Reply With Quote