Scooby Newbie

Member#: 343794
Vehicle:
2013 Imperza Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xafen View Post
I was just browsing all the TSBs and saw this:

Service Bulletin # 11-124-12

Bulletin Description: This bulletin will provide an inspection and repair procedure for camshaft position-related and/or engine misfire DTCs for 2.0L FB engine-equipped 2012MY or later Impreza and XV Crosstrek models. In addition to a Check Engine light coming on, there may or may not be customer concerns of rough idle, extended cranking or no start. The camshaft position sensor clearance may be out of specification causing these condition(s) and one or more of the DTCs to set.

Information contained in any technical document found on the STIS web site should only be used as reference material for highly trained automotive technicians. Only automotive technicians have the training and the special tools/equipment to repair Subaru vehicles.

11-124-12

?
This was my issue right here. Thanks Xafen for giving me the info I needed to get the service guys looking in the right direction. My issue appears to have been more severe than most I've read so far in this thread. Within a few hundred miles of a brand new 2013 Impreza Sport, I started having the same problem, only nothing in the thread seemed to make a difference. The car was most problematic to start in the mornings. As it is kept in a heated garage, temperature was never the issue. 19 time out of 20, the car wouldn't start on the first, second, or maybe third time. I also waited for the gauges to do their thing and listened for the fuel pump to complete its cycle. Didn't make a difference, also in my case, giving it premium fuel didn't help at all. After scheduling some time for the dealership to keep my car so they had ample opportunity to reproduce and mentioning the service bulletin Xafen found, they re-adjusted the camshaft position sensor with some shims, and the car starts like it should, no need to wait for the gauges, simply turn the key. After all this isn't some old diesel engine that needs time for glow plugs to heat up. It's a brand new car that should start right up without issue, and now mine does. So if anyone else is having the problem, I highly suggest mentioning this service bulletin to your service guys.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
osilus is offline   Reply With Quote