View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #53
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru

Member#: 219492
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

as long as the install is done correctly, you can drive where ever you need, since its stock injectors (no need to scale), just dont boost, limp the car to the tuner and they should be able to open source you if they are worth anything...

IMO the AP is great when you plan on doing staged installs. i started with stg 1, then stg 1 + intake, then stg2 OTS. THEN i went furthher with mods and got a protune with my fuel pump and EWG. the AP is nice becuase of hte ease to log, and using it as a guage. many tuners only pro tune these days because of the ease and more support for the AP vs opensourcing...

in the end a dyno tune is a dyno tune, whether it be opensourced or done on the AP. the only thing that is different is you having a lap top and tactrix vs the ap. in my case i would have problems with my tune, i'd log with the AP and send that to EFI, they rework the map, send me a new one and i ref lash all with the AP...its just easy.

so in the end its really preference... and with an AP, the prices are pretty steady, and you can usually pick one up and sell for the same price, if not more if you have some nice negotiating skills

the uppipe is the single worst install, period. of ANY car of any install that i've ever been around. done my own uppipe 3 times, cullens rusted ****ing ****, and then toms . all of which were a pain in the dick.

dp is a joke, just soak it all in PB and put a nice grunt into it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote