View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #2115
Red.
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325458
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Ok, here is a B&A from me. Usually my B&As are not very exciting b/c I don't generally do any major editing. But, this one needed definite rescuing and this was one night I was so glad I was shooting in RAW. 2/3 of the way into the night (well, evening, technically - I think we started around 5, took a sandwich break, new location and wrapped up about 8) things started to go a little wrong - mostly due to the batteries in my light dying and consequently my light not putting out so much light as I was thinking it was (it was noticeable to my camera's sensor, but not to my eye). I should also have been an f-stop lower, but that wasn't my biggest problem. The whole thing just wound up quite under-exposed. I know if I had been shooting in jpg that image would have gone into the recycle bin.

[IMG][/IMG]

Or, another analogy - imagine you have a brand new package of Oreos. You pull open the outer wrapping and slide out that little plastic tray. If your package of oreos is a jpg, you have about 5 cookies removed for every 1 cookie left in the package (note: not an exact jpg:RAW ratio ). If your package of Oreos is a RAW package, then you get all the cookies!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Red. is offline   Reply With Quote