Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270674
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza TS
BRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS656577 View Post
Hey everyone. Finally got an sti. I'm definitely down for these meets when they start back up. Ill probably going to the oc awd meet. The gfs parents have a place near rehobeth.
Cool bro. Won't it be a bit of a drive from south central PA though? I'm sure there is something a little closer, but of course you're always welcome at out meet. Bring friends if you want. The more the merrier lol. Doesn't matter if it's subaru or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Rextacy View Post
Short blocks don't have the heads, long blocks do. Simple as that. Don't rush into it. Read up, and when you think you've got a good grasp, read up again. There's TONS of info out there. People's experiences, opinions, take it all into consideration. Set yourself a goal and work towards it.
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. But of course I would like to buy the parts about a month or so before I install them so I can go over them multiple times and ensure that I'm not missing ANYTHING. As far as internal upgrades on the blocks there are so many different options out there and I'm not too picky. I just want something that's going to last a while, has a little over 300whp. And rides fairly comfortably. I think that engine tranny set up (the built longblock with the PPG geared 5MT), a tune, and some new wheels would do though. The rest can come later. Like a bigger turbo, brembo's, etc.

SOMEHOW I got my wife to agree to let me have some free rein on what I put into it cause it'll be cheaper than spending 20K on a new-used car, as long as I'm keeping it cheap. As in less than 13K lol. ****, I'll primer the thing to save money if it can have a good combo like that lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scobbie-ts is offline   Reply With Quote