View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #1247
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 270674
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2003 Impreza TS

Originally Posted by 03Rextacy View Post
I guess. Depending on what built would actually mean. Everything better be built for that price. I would want to know what the block has, what the heads have. Etc etc.
He actually just PM'd me this. How's it sound? Sounds like a damn good deal to me.

"From what I can sell you the 7 grand would include as listed for the motor.
Short block:
Fully sleeved pinned and o-ringed ej25 case.
Manley pistons. 100mm stock sti compression
Manley turbo tuff I-beam rods. rated for i believe 1000hp.
New factory oem black nitrate crank
ACL HX race bearings
ARP head studs
Cometic head gaskets

Ported and polished
Manley valvetrain with dual valve springs
Manley stock size intake and exhaust valves
Kelford 272 cams
Im installing new valve stem seals since it seemed that one didnt sit properly and dont want someone to worry about any issues of pulling the motor and all to fix it.

New gates waterpump with timing belt (not race belt)
Tomei timing belt guide
New STI oil pump
New OEM oil cooler
STI oil pan

Im sure I left some stuff out in there but If I remember I'll make sure I let you know what else it coms with. For another 600 I'll include the killerb oil pickup tube with is about 160 new, oil baffle new is about 70, and torque solution motor mounts which are around 170 new, large tmic with mishimoto intercooler silicone hoses which would cost around another 300 for it all and perrin turbo inlet which cost about 200 new and ill throw in the K&N intake since ive had it for years plus you would be spending a decent amount on this all.

For what you need from the drivetrain shouldnt be much since the impreza's and WRX's share a lot of the same parts. even though its a pain in the ass to install i would get a complete wrx harness from the ecu to everything that runs to the engine harness and all since you would need to run a boost control solenoid and what have you.

ill throw in my stock header up-pipe and turbo pending inspection to make sure its still in good working shape because I hate the feeling of ripping someone off even if its by accident."
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scobbie-ts is offline   Reply With Quote