View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #63
AZP Installs
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 40160
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonky View Post
coils are hit or miss. Can be once a year or can last 3 years without blowing. But just be prepared when they seize, blow, bind, etc. The headaches with messing with the car

Spring and strut combo have less problems and are more reliable but once you factor in all the parts it will most likely be more than a coilover setup unless you get something used.

down for pole position!!!

This about sums it up well. On my 09 wrx I ran BC racing coilovers for over 50k miles of hard abuse on dirt roads..commuting...track...and they were still good as new, but I dont think those results are typical. Especially for fairly cheap coilovers.

If you have zero intention of tracking your car and you do a lot of commuting I would just stick with a spring/strut combo. It will be much more reliable and a whole lot more comfortable. Your spine will thank you.

-Adam F

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.
Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote