Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
"Occasional bumper to bumper for a couple of miles" was enough to make you want to go with a car that doesn't have a clutch?

My question has nothing to do with your MPG concerns. I just know that I'm enthusiastic (to the point of being fanatical) about driving a car with a clutch (I wouldn't buy a car any other way). Since you came from a GTI, I would assume that you feel similarly. So I'm surprised that your heavy traffic situation was severe enough to make you select a car that doesn't allow you to row your own gears. But I guess you've said that you have another "fun" car to drive, so I guess that explains it.

My occasional bumper-to-bumper creeping until I get past a traffic accident is nowhere near annoying enough to make me give up my clutch.
I understand your enthusiasm for driving a manual. I do love driving a manual.. that is why I did not buy the DSG. But as a DD , Yes.. my commute is annoying enough that driving a manual can become frustrating... and yes... I do have a Boss 302 to take out and blast through the gearz. I don't know if you have another car.. but I had an a/t DD which was great for commuting.. The GTI was never purchased for that purpose. And since my DD was totalled, and the GTI warranty was about to expire all factored into my decision to purchase the impreza.

Bye the way.. my last tank was at least 85% highway and just filled up... Hand Calculated again was 27.5MPG 342 miles / 12.402 gallons. Cmon... that is the city mpg for this car.. I know how I drive and I have been doing same commute for years. My MPG's should easily be 30+ You can ask all the questions you want ie speed bumper to bumper, how many stop signs I stop at etc.. but the fact remains that MY car does not achieve the advertised MPG's. So I have a question? How am I wrong? I think I have provided enough evidence... ????
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote