Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
Ok, I think you mean this car does not meet the advertised MPG's for you on your commute, because you can look back 6 posts and see someone with a CVT who is getting average Combined MPG's of 33.9 (including engine break in), which is actually exceeding the EPA number printed on your (and his) Window Sticker.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Porky7mm

It is important to note that some people are getting better mileage that others, and the type of drive that yields higher and lower MPG's, but it is also important to realize that you and your experience are not universal, so saying the car does not meet the advertised MPG's for anyone is demonstrably false.

By the way, his car (a CVT) is exceeding the EPA numbers, my car (5 speed) is only meeting the projected Combined MPG number (currently 27.89, dropping a bit since I put snow tires on and will climb again in the spring). That's to debunk the whole CVT vs 5 speed myth that keeps getting promoted here.
Really??? Cant speak for Porky.. but he lives 12 miles from a Grocery store, just a guess. but thinking he may be on the far left or right of the bell curve... and the AVG is inflated due to his 128mpg skint... C'Mon and yes.. AS OTHERS HAVE STATED....YOU DONT HAVE A CVT!!!! So dont comment on the CVT MPG's...OMG. I will give you my car.. you can drive it however you want and you will not achieve the advertised MPG's. I guarantee it!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote