IdahoDoug
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 23561
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza CVT
White

Flores,

I actually have no recommendation on a tire compatible with the camber changes I see as a current fad in urban areas. I hope this is not seen as being harsh, but I have to square up with you and say that it is one of the more ridiculous mods I have seen. I have absolutely no doubt I could take a stock WRX and run circles around one someone has cambered like that on a handling course. Suspension engineers spend a lot of time designing camber changes compatible with suspension movements. The WRX suspension is a masterful design right out of the box, for instance.

The camber trend is literally taking a camber change commonly made for steady state cornering and exaggerating it purely for styling purposes. Naturally, it instantly seems a socially impressive thing to take it to extremes. But it goes without saying that extreme change makes a car handle like absolute pure crap. I have never driven one, but have enough knowledge of tire contact patch shape, orientation and geometry, and its impact on suspension dynamics to make the comment.

What's kinda sad is that even some racing teams in certain motor sports seem to be adding a touch of "the look" in an attempt to be more appealing to their audience. Never thought I'd see the day.

DougM
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
IdahoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote