Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #2496
Unknown77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332289
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Premium
Dark Gray Metallic

Got my car end of June '12 with 13miles on it. The low oil level light of my car first turned on around Christmas time of '12 at approx 13k miles. Took it to the dealership here in Sherman Oaks, CA, apparently burned through 1 quart of oil since the 7.5k oil change, they just topped it off then the light went off with no problem. Then just last week at around 14,800k miles the low oil level light turned AGAIN. Took it back to the dealer since the 15k maintenance service was due anyways. Tech looked at it and turned out the car burned through 1.5 quarts with approx 2k miles of driving. Tech said it was something with the "oil switch". Had to special order it and it would take 2 days for the part to ship. Warranty covered the repair and the dealer covered a rental car for 2 days for safety reasons, didn't want my car burning more oil. So I was stuck driving a freakin' Fiat 500 for 2 days, which was just horrible. Finally got my car back today, light off and no signs/smells of oil burning. Hopefully this is the end of it. And yes, I know I drive a lot.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Unknown77 is offline   Reply With Quote