View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #2985
2012ISport
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325924

I have been following this thread for the past few months now and I think it's time to give my two cents. My wife and I own a 12 Impreza sport with a CVT we purchased last May and it currently has 9500 miles. When we were shopping for a new car we had never even considered a Subaru until I found out the improvements that had been made to the fuel economy on the new Impreza. With that said we both agree that we regret our purchase decision. We live in Buffalo NY and this is my wife's primary vehicle. Her commute to work consists of 10 miles each way with about 70 percent of that on the highway. Over the last few months because of the cold temperatures she has been receiving an abysmal 21 - 23 mpg and even in the summer never got above 26 on her commute, hand calculated. Please know that her last vehicle was a 2000 Acura Integra 5 speed and on the same commute she would average at least 26 mpg year-round and that car was rated for 22/28. The best we've ever gotten out of this vehicle was 31 mpg and that was over the summer 100% highway on a trip to NYC. Just like everyone else I love the vehicle it drives great and looks sporty but the fuel economy sucks.

I brought this concern up with my local dealer and he admitted that others had expressed concern. He had already contacted Subaru directly and their response was to wait until 10,000 miles for the engine to fully break in. I'm not stupid and I know that when I hit 10,000 miles the car won't magically increase fuel efficiency. I have another appointment with the dealer next week and I plan to discuss my complaints with them further. They brag about their high customer satisfaction numbers so I will see what they are willing to do to keep us satisfied.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2012ISport is offline   Reply With Quote