BigFatHorse
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328167
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza MT PZEV
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoton View Post
Ice is ice. On the positive side, I was damn impressed with traction control. Had a similarly icy incline, and for the fun of it, I attempted 5 times to drive uphill with TC off - which basically reduced AWD to 2 open differentials and the viscous centre one (same as on older imprezas). Niet, zilch, nada. No matter how I played with the throttle, wheelspin occured and every damn time I ended up sliding sideways or backward downhill.

TC on - 5 tsuccesful attempts. Slow as hell, engine nearly bogged, brakes were rattling, but it did crawl uphill each time. Maybe I was just lucky to hit a situation for which TC was calibrated at its best, but it bloody worked.
I've been impressed with the traction control too. I've driven the car up some long, steep hills with several inches of fresh snow without issues. Compare this to our other car that can't even get up the snowy ramp to our parking garage unless you floor it at from the road and make it up by pure momentum. I can stop the Impreza halfway up and then continue up like it's nothing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BigFatHorse is offline   Reply With Quote