Scooby Newbie

Member#: 243147
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi Stage M@
2002 Bugeye Stage M@

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1320 View Post
Just got off with Kinetic, those guys are really helpful.

Condensed list:

CBE and DP: Either Invidia Q300 or Perrin (DP will be the same manufactorer as the CBE)
*Anyone local with either of those setups?

Short Shift: Kart Boy or SPT (leaning towards Kart Boy) this will include the front and rear bushings by Cobb

Transmission Mount: Either Group N or Super Pro, this will be done the same time as the short shift.

Still maybe considering the STI engine mounts and pitch stop, unsure on these though. I believe they will greatly increase the engine and transmission noise, but might be worth it for the feel.

Also maybe considering the SPT lower chassis brace and the SPT strut tower bar, these would be more for looks as on the street probably won't notice much of a difference, may wait until I get into the AutoX and then make a call on those.

I have rulled out the SPT exhuast, I am sold on a 3" through design. Anything else I might consider will just be dress up and can be addressed at any time.
You don't need the pitch stop. The part that you will receive will be identical to the existing part on your car. Front-to-back bracing and mounts are essential to responsiveness. Get the N mounts, rear sub frame chassis bushings, roll caster kit, anti-lift, differential mounts, and maybe even a $35.00 drive shaft bushing. Don't worry about horizontal bracing, except sway bars, shocks and struts, springs, AVO rear sway bar braces, etc. Strut bars, etc., are a waste of money. Put the money into WL 27mm front and rear sways, Kart Boy endlnks, RCE yellows, Billstein struts and shocks, and you won't have any issue with horizontal flex. The Kart Boy short throw with upper and lower bushings is very nice.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
uranus is offline   Reply With Quote