Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Randy_Marsh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227575
Vehicle:
2005 STi
AW

Default '05 STi burning oil...

Hey guys...it's been awhile since I've posted, been busy with the military. But I need some help.

I don't know if I have listed on here all the mods to the car, so here's a quick list: Stock internals, HTA Green Turbo (externally gated), APS cold air/front mount/turbo inlet/tgv deletes, and I guess all the supporting mods to hold that turbo (fuel system components, exhaust, professional tune, etc.) Problem: I went on leave for the last 11 days, but before I left, I changed the oil in the car and tightened down some clamps that were leaking from the front mount kit. I used the same oil I've used since I left MN and had to stop using Amsoil...Mobil 1 5w30. I drove the car the day of the oil change and two days after, nothing to report. The car sat on a level surface and was exposed to maybe 30-50 degree temps while I was gone. Driving the car now, there is a noticeable amount of blue smoke behind me (typically only when the car is under vacuum--after a gear shift or something and sometimes at idle.) It's not a crazy amount of smoke, I'm not rollin' around town like a skywriter or anything...it's just abnormal.

I'm going to dick with it tomorrow a little, work with the PCV, oil lines on the turbo, crank vents? I've got a short list of parts to check...I'd like a longer list. Any suggestions would be helpful...I can also answer any questions you have for me. Also, I bet it's relevant to let you know I do not use a catch can...10-15k on the set-up, I don't beat the ***** out of it. It's gotten me to and from work for the last 2 years, and that's about it. All parts were bout brand new.

Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Randy_Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote