Old 01-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Randy_Marsh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227575
Vehicle:
2005 STi
AW

Dennis,

I figured that would confuse at least a couple people lol. I am currently using M1 5w30. I used to use Amsoil since it was so readily available to me up North.

I'm starting to get concerned that the problem is bigger than anticipated...like ringland stuff :/. I'm a "hope for the best but expect the worst" kinda guy...and I'm also paranoid that my very expensive car is going to need some costly repairs lol.

I've browsed the forums and my car is only displaying bits and pieces of ringland symptoms. No smoke on start up, at idle, or at higher constant RPMs. Oil cap test fails for about 6.9 seconds and then it runs clear. Vacuum and low RPMs seem to be when the smoke is most prominent.

Someone calm my nerves and tell me my turbo is broken or I'm dreaming or something lol.

I'm getting a few parts from the store today. Tomorrow I plan a compression test, PCV swap (or at least clean cause we don't have a dealer here), turbo outlet oil check, down pipe oild check, air filter cleaning. As always, I'm open for opinions and suggestions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Randy_Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote