View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
NASIOC Supporter
Member#: 319017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
12 sti
broke and broken

Originally Posted by Sid03SVT View Post
Hey all, I've chewed through a bunch of stickys and posts by others, and here is what I think I need to make about 300awhp, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Goals - about 300awhp, keep the TMIC, - I want it to look and sound stock (until you open the hood of course).

Car - 2006 WRX wagon, 5MT 57k miles

Planned Upgrades:
Turbo - VF39/43/48 (all basically the same)
TMIC - either 06/07 STi w/splitter or TurboXS TMIC and keep wrx splitter (better option from what I read)
DP - COBB catted
TBE - stock (unless there is something that is as quiet as stock, please inform me)
EBCS - grimmspeed 3-port
Fuel pump - stock (I've read they are good for this power level)
Injectors - stock (I've read they are good for this level)

Am I missing anything? other suggestions?

This car is my DD, so I don't want it to be loud, I don't want the power to be too peaky hence the turbo's I've listed. 300awhp is my goal, if I'm 275 thats fine, I don't absolutely have to hit 300, I need reliability more than I need 25 peak hp.

As far as the stock clutch - will it handle the power for a while with moderate driving? I know thats a pretty hard question to answer, I guess I'm looking for the experiance of other 06/07 owneres that have gone this route. I know about the transmission issues, but with the way I drive, I'm not particularly worried aobut that, again, it's my DD.

I should mention that I'm 29 so the right pedal spends more time away from the floor than near it. I actually get what I consider to be "good" fuel economy at 25.5mpg, and that was with tires that were at 27psif/25psir which I have since adjusted.

I also have some suspension modifications planned as well, but this isn't the place for them.

I appreciate any help I can get here, sorry about the word fort I tend to e-ramble.
If your looking for cost effective+future upgrade I would look into the following.
Cobb AP for tuning data logging ect
sti top mount
Cobb turbo back

tuning wise the cobb ap you can download a base map if you get the exact parts list i just listed and you should be good

using the ap OTS map saves you $150-450 depending on your tuner and may not make as much power but generally with some careful data logs its easy to find out that on most peoples cars these cobb maps are very conservative and safe

I am running a Cobb turbo back on my 05 saabaru and its sounds a little louder then stock when you really get on it but sounds good and is defiantly the quietest exhaust available for our cars from what i have seen
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote