Old 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #33
Macfamous
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 298047
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan
Satin White Pearl

I have a FineVu CR500HD and I quite like it. Bought mounts for both Subies and I just move the camera between cars. I would like to get another one to face rearward as well in the future.

*Make sure you turn up the Video Quality to 1080P otherwise you don't get to see the quality as good*

Daytime Example

Night Time Example

I think the reasoning behind the plates being whited out at night is due to my obnoxiously bright HIDS. It bothers me, but the main reason I got the camera is to protect myself from fraud.

The straw that broke the camels back was I was driving home by myself at 4AM and a Explorer in front of my Slammed on his brakes when there was no one else around, of course since I'm one of the crazies that keeps a reasonable following distance I was able to stop in time even in on the ice. I got stopped about 5 feet from him; he then through the truck in reverse and tried to back into me but my 5 Speed Manual is a lot quicker then his Auto we backed up for probably 30-40 ft before he slammed it in drive and took off.

Scary, but that's why I got it.

-Mac
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Macfamous is offline   Reply With Quote