Scooby Newbie

Member#: 342924
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sp Lim
Satin white pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Bringer View Post
That looks fantastic...especially those wheels. I want me some of those... If you are looking for upgrades everything I have read and been told points toward avoiding the strut brace. It does work well (including the "flexible" spt model), but it isn't really necessary and is very expensive. A drop in sway bar off an 08+STI will work wonders apparently (19mm), and costs only 100 bucks with the bushings included. A perrin lightweight crank pulley also supposedly supplies a few more horsepower and torques, better throttle response and helps with bogging at low rpms (another ~100ish upgrade). Less bling bling more vroom vroom. By the looks of that car you don't really need any more bling anyway. Go make her fly!

Oh yeah, I've been asking a ton of people but it seems you are one of the first to try. How does the car perform with the 18" wheels vs the 17? Did you notice any performance differences at all or wheel well clearance issues?
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it, although I told myself(and my wife) that I wouldn't go crazy with the mods on this car.... On my previous car('02 Nissan Maxima) I put quite a bit of $$ into it.

Is this the right rsb for my car? And does it come with all the brackets?
http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/pr...oducts_id=1690

Anyways, as for the difference in handling going from 17s to 18s I haven't notice too much difference, actually the biggest difference I've notice is the reduction in noise with the new tires.

The offset on the wheels are 45mm and its not lowered. The 235/45 tires I have on it fill out the wheel wells nicely and haven't had any rubbing issues..yet, although the rear wheels might if I encounter a really big bump, keeping my fingers crossed

Here's another pic before the shave since this is a pic thread.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BayAreaSubie is offline   Reply With Quote