Member#: 302874
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza L wagon
White

Year: 1995
Make: Subaru
Model: Impreza L wagon
Tires only or winter package: Tires only

I'm looking for a dedicated set of snows for my Impreza which was given to me. The car wears 195/60R15's and currently has a set of performance directional tires on it, which didn't do "too" bad in the small snow events we've had this season, however, I wasn't feeling too comfortable. Definitely felt all (4) tires gripping for traction. The area I drive and commute daily can change drastically from home to where I work in north/central Chester County. It is typical for it to be raining at home, but halfway to work, I'm driving over snow covered roads and sub-freezing temps. I need something that can handle these changing conditions, yet still deliver a decent ride. I am looking at the General Altimax Arctic, Firestone Winterforce and the Federal Himalaya WS1. I'll be putting them on my stock steelies. I came across the Federals by accident this morning while browsing. I'm leaning towards the Generals, mainly due to reviews on TireRack and friends who use them in upstate NY in the snowbelt north of Syracuse.

Some people have said to just get a decent set of all-seasons, however the freak snow and ice events we get in Chester County are leaning me towards a dedicated snow tire for the season.

Are the Generals suited for what I need or should I be looking in another direction? Thanks for the input!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TBolt1003 is offline   Reply With Quote