Scooby Newbie

Member#: 342924
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sp Lim
Satin white pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0bb5 View Post
Yeah, 5% is quite a bit. I remember reading that if you go over or under by more than 3 percent, you have potential for trouble. Not only will your speedo be off by a good deal, but that much more rotational mass will hurt your acceleration, fuel economy, braking performance and possibly other things.

Personally, I don't think I would go with a tire that big, but it does tight as hell! I hope you don't have any issues like rubbing. Please keep us informed.
Yeah, the overall diameter is just over one inch bigger than the OEM 17s and tires. I haven't noticed any decrease in acceleration(the 2.0 isn't a monster anyways). The speedo, strictly going by the speed radars I've encounter so far, is pretty much spot on still. As for fuel economy and braking, the Enkeis are listed at 20.6lbs(without tires) while the OEM 17s are like 23lbs(without tires) so I'm hoping the lighter weight is a benefit in those areas.

In retrospect I probably should have gone with a 225/40 tire(probably will once I need new tires), but I've got about 1k miles on the new setup and no issues with rubbing(knock on wood). As for the mpg so far I'm only getting about 25mi/gal, but that's mainly city miles and I've only got 2,500mi on the odo so hopefully it improves....

And to the question above about going wider than 235, I wouldn't, the 235/45s I'm running are pretty much flush. Going any wider would probably result in rubbing for sure.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BayAreaSubie is offline   Reply With Quote