NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 319017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
12 sti 68mm turBRO
10.48 @134 (6266)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid03SVT View Post
I had previously read through that but got information overload.

Thank you to everyone for all the geat posts, I think I'll start with a Cobb AP.

Here is my upgrade path/order, can't blow all my cookies at once or my wife will make me dead:

1.) Cobb AP, STi TMIC & splitter, OTS Tune (honey, it will give me better fuel economy)
2.) 04 STi BBS wheels with 225/45/17, roll rear fenders, whiteline adjustable sway bars, kartboy endlinks, rear strut bar (wagon) (honey I need a summer and winter set)
3.) Cobb catted DP, OTS tune (honey, more fuel economy)
4.) Cobb catback, OTS tune (honey, my muffler is in bad shape)
5.) VF 39/43/48, GS EBCS, (maybe FP & Injectors, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it) Protune (don't know how I'll sell this one to her yet)

The milder stuff, like better fluids (brake, trans, rear diff) and plugs will happen soon as I've got my 60k maintenance coming up in about 1500miles or so.

I don't want to ask suspension questions in here, so I'll ask them somewhere else, but I think I've got a pretty good handle on what I'm looking for.

The cobb catback doesn't sound much louder than stock in the clips I've watched/listended to so thats why I'd go with that; however are there noticeable gains with a cat back and my "modest" power goals? I understand that if I start looking for big power down the road it makes sense, but 700+s/h could get me a used VF & EBCS with coin left over.

I think thats all for now, time to start buying parts...
The cobb catback honestly won't really add power, but it sounds pretty good when you get on it which is half the fun.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Shortpersonbk is online now   Reply With Quote