scoutisimo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 315759
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5 Door
Obsidian Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Gotta pay to play, guys, unless you can convince SOA that the part was always faulty or they just appreciate your loyalty enough to cover the cost of repair.

I would advise never touching the engine with aftermarket parts unless you're prepared to pay for the (potentially) costly repairs right away or are willing to go without a car for a while. If it's your daily driver, I wouldn't bother.

With my 2011 WRX, it was my daily driver. With my BRZ, it's not quite so critical if I mod the BRZ and it goes down for a bit. I purchased it so that I COULD mod it and race it, basically.

I would add a cold air intake to a 2.0i Impreza before going to pulleys. Also an exhaust would do you good. Suspension tweaks and weight loss would help make your car FEEL faster, for sure. There are so many things I'd do before swapping out the pulley. Just my $0.02.

Wow. So you think adding a cold air intake and reducing torque while gaining nothing but potential sound is a better idea than decreasing rotational mass on a mechanical part thus reducing strain, perhaps gaining an mpg or two, and increasing response? This car is more related to an rs. Wrx info no longer applies. Boring I know.. but thats the cold harsh truth. Best thing you can do is improve suspension and efficiency. No real hp gains will ever be seen on this model. Make it more fun to drive. Youll never get much "faster"
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scoutisimo is offline   Reply With Quote