Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Well lets see...
1. The quality of the interior is cheap. Everything is starting to rattle more and more every day. I have had numerous dash board rattles addressed by the dealer and had everything taped with foam and it still rattles. The area by the heater controls rattles like a bunch of loose change anytime the engine is running. I would turn the radio up but when I do the doors buzz and rattle also.
2. Gas mileage is not really any better than my 06 Impreza.
3. The throws for the gears are too long...making driving the MT a not so enjoyable experience. The hill holder clutch is annoying....I turned it off but then there is a horrible yellow light in the dashboard ruining a rather nice red display.
4. The seat squeak is getting worse and worse. Brought into the dealer to have them check and of course the noise couldn't be replicated.
5. The engine is just too underpowered. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test drive the car before I bought it. I was one of the many who had to wait 8 weeks before I got my car. I live in a really hilly area and this car just doesn't have enough power. My 06 impreza had a little more power and torque and didn't seem to have as many issues.
These are just a few of the issues I have with this car. It has 10k miles on it and I've only had it for about 8 months now. Just very dissapointed overall.
I completely understand where you're coming from. It doesn't matter how well a car is praised or how positive the reviews are or even how many people love it, if you're unhappy with it, no one is gonna change your mind. There will be plenty of people who will try to change your mind, especially here on a Subaru forum, but go with your gut.
If you are disappointed with the car, your best bet is to test drive other vehicles until you find something you know you're gonna like and get rid of the Impreza. The alternative is keeping the Impreza and being miserable every time you get behind the wheel.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm also disappointed with my Impreza, but unfortunately, I'm not in any position to get another vehicle. I keep trying to like it and hope that someday I will, but I just don't see that happening. Trust me, you'll be much happier moving on to greener pastures.