Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309638
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 wrx premium
dark metallic grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid03SVT View Post

If I were doing it all at once, I would just install all parts and get a protune, but I'm not - I'll be doing the upgrades in stages, pretty much as described above - a little more power, then more handling, then more power, then a significant bump in power once I assemble all the bits.

granted I don't "need" the AP right off the bat when all I'm really doing is slapping on an STi intercooler, but buying it then will be a milder hit to the wallet than buying it at the same time as the DP. I mean I guess I could wait on the TMIC until I bought the turbo & EBCS, which would let me AP & DP at the same time, but again bigger hit at once on the back end; meh work in progress. I know for a fact there is no way I'll be able to buy parts and let them sit in my garage until I have everything to install all at once. Also I'm less likely to save up for all the stuff and buy it at once, spring will come and I'll want to throw money at my motorcycle or my mustang insteald of my wrx.

If only I had unlimited moneys.... <--- classy with the top hat and cane; needs monocle...

or are you saying I can do all the stage 2 bolt ons and not worry about a tune until I go for the turbo upgrade? I don't think that's what you're saying, and it's contrary to what I've read.
He isn't saying that. I have the AP and I like it. I just got protuned and most tuners these days can tune through your AP which is what I did. It's also has very good monitoring tools to help you data log. It was my first mod and once I flashed the stage 1 map things got much smoother. Not only that but you can also do retuned a well. It's a very good tool IMO.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ryblair is offline   Reply With Quote