Vlad
Scooby Guru

Member#: 46135
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Sti V9 Spec C

Thanks for the photos and info guys.

Turns out that the brakets of the "new" lights are iffy anyway , so I won't feel bad.

The way I see it, it is more important (and difficult) to get an oil cooler/radiator system that you can trust, than keep the resale value of HID lights.

I thought so much about which way to go, at the time when I decided about oil cooling, I gave myself not just one headache.
Some thoughts:
-steel braided tubes look good, but hide the condition of the tubing underneath. A proper rubber compound tube is more "honest"
-To crimp the AN fittings on the braided tube, I feel I'd have to receive some taining and practice with non-critical applications, before I graduate to the oil radiator. This leaves machine crimped braided hoses, a smaller category of vendors. Mock-up of the route becomes very important.
-In all honesty, the braided tubes should touch...nothing. Except for special guide fittings.
-This is why a conduit riser is safer, it's allowed to touch things and it carefully separates the flex rubber sections, so that they touch nothing.

And I'm sorry, but I could continue writing for a long time about this.

I think that after 2 years I'm entitled to say that I have a reliable system, except I don't have track time with it. I'll keep it unchanged and modify the lights..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Vlad; 01-22-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote