Scooby Newbie

Member#: 237008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2010 WRX STI
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaproject View Post
So STI2010....you are saying that the only Subbie worth buying for the AWD is the STi? The rest are no better than any other AWD system correct? This is why the WRX failed the side rollers among many others except for what I saw in the Volvo. What model Volvo was that?
I'm saying that the only AWD system that you can call "Legendary" out of Subaru's current line-up is the STI's. As in, the only one that I would ever consider technologically exceptional, even though that technology is dated. Keep in mind that it's a pretty expensive car. The automatic Subaru AWD systems are competitive for their price/performance. Old technology, but it works very well. I only have a beef with their lack of at least a rear lsd. Their VTD system used to be great as well, back when one could say that Subaru had a good technological edge on even their more expensive competition on their higher end models. The manual models, save for the STI of course, have terrible systems. Clearly however, most owners of said models are content with such mediocrity.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sti2010rl is offline   Reply With Quote