Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204765
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport6 View Post
I haven't been following the tablet installs too much but they have always interested me.

Another question I have is what happens when you start and shut off the car? I am assuming the tablet stays on all the time, correct?

I see you are from a warmer climate but something that concerns me about these installs are the extreme weather days. For me it would be the lcd freezing (like this morning it was -6F out and going to be -11 tonight) but do you think this thing will overheat all day in the car in your weather?
I use tasker (in android play store) to turn off the wifi, screen and sleep the device when the power is disconnected. When power is applied it turns all that stuff back on. So when I turn off the car and the power adapter looses 12V the tablet looses power and thus will sleep.

You could have problems with the battery. We have extreme heat here in SoCal summer. My car is garaged at home and work so I'm just crossing my fingers on that. If the battery blows up I can just snap in a new N7, expensive replacement but I figure people leave their battery powered GPS units in the car all the time so it can't be that big of a issue.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
metajames is offline   Reply With Quote