Scooby Newbie

Member#: 192586
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2001 Forester S 5mt
Sedona Red/ Slate trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastWRXman View Post
I just got done changing out my gauge cluster to red. Just some additional info I want to add. Taking off the film takes a LONG time, so be prepared and be patient. Also, instead of using condoms, I replaced all the bulbs with LEDs. I purchased them though superbrightleds.com. I ordered the highest quality which was 74 HP3, and when they came in I thought they were the wrong ones because they didnt look like bulbs. If you choose this route, please know that the HP3 fits the same way as the bulb, it just looks way different. By the way, I have a 02 WRX so if anyone is looking for the exact size of the bulb it is 74. The websites wont show replacement bulbs for the instrument gauges, but it is the same size as the specifications for the ash tray bulb. Hit me up if you have any questions.
Ordering the 74 HP3 for the cluster now. But you're saying the "bulb" size is different for the HVAC controls? What would I need to purchase for that? I was under the impression that the HVAC controls were also a size 74 bulb.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
phmancus is offline   Reply With Quote