Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #16
zra
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 311115
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Dark Grey

Default App Radio1

I know it's slightly off topic. I put an App Radio 1 in my wife's CRV. It works well, but there are a lot of things that it won't do. I highly recommend that you check one out at a dealer first so you won't be surprised.

The following may be specific to the App Radio 1.

One weird thing is that you can't turn off the radio after you turn it on. You have to just lower the volume all the way.

The App radio only does radio and bluetooth phone functions until the phone is plugged in.

Only App radio aware apps will show on the screen and only full App radio supported apps will actually respond to touch screen commands. You have to run the App radio app for the app radio aware apps to function. If you need to switch to another app for something and then switch back it can require a little bit of work to get it back displaying correctly.

The iPhone charger supplied with the App Radio is the fastest iPhone charger I've ever seen.

Also, the relay for the parking brake bypass doesn't work on these radios, you have to do the toggle switch thing, that works fine on our unit.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
zra is offline   Reply With Quote