View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenormdnes View Post
Attached are two logs, one from a few months ago that looks OK, from what I was told (HWG Stage 1 93oct, logged in August, in Texas). I noticed over the past several days the car seemed a big sluggish during part throttle, but didn't have a chance to go WOT until today. It really felt like a dog, so I logged it (40 degrees outside vs 100 like the first log)

DAM is zero, and timing looks horrible. ?!

I have a catted DP in the garage and wanted to get a custom tune after I installed it, but now I want to make sure there isn't something mechanically wrong! Can somebody please let me know if you think I should change from HWG back to normal? Or if there is some other issue I should explore.

2012 WRX- 7500 miles, Stage 1 93Oct from Cobb (no other mods)

(Side note: I had a K&N drop in for the first few hundred miles but the mpg was horrible, so I've been with the stock paper filter since...never cleaned the MAF sensor, but that was 6 months ago and the car has been fine until recently)

Thanks for the help!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B95g...IySW5UQ00/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B95g...hsOWJqYWM/edit
Sorry for troubles. The DAM dropping to zero indicates a very serious problem. It means that the engine control unit (ECU) has detected an excessive amount of knock (or it is picking up other noise that the knock sensor is falsely determining as knock).

First step is to look at your long-term fuel trims. Connect the Accessport to the car and read each of the 4 A/F Learning 1 A,B,C,D values via live data. You can do this with the ignition ON, engine OFF, or with engine idling. Report back each of those values and we'll go from there. For now, do not do any more wide open throttle (WOT) or heavy throttle pulls and do not reflash any maps and do not reset the ECU. Drive conservatively if you need to drive the car.

Bill
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote