Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204765
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattmyn View Post
Had a question regarding the Parrot system though. It functions as a low level amp then into the car's existing audio (which isn't rocket science) but in that connection to the car speakers, do you think it's manageable to route it to a real after market "WUB WUB" style amp? I'm purely asking because I haven't worked with the unit at all so I'm just not sure how it jumps into the existing wiring harness.

Last question would be just an inquiry of how you're controlling things like "Next - Play - Pause - Back". Do you get the external module to control that or are you doing everything from the tablet? I'm looking at beefing up to one of the Parrot modules and integrating the little display that can pair with two devices at the same time so I could pair my phone for calls and the N7 for music (which yours should be capable of doing as well unless there are various revisions to the MKi 9100).

Again, great work man. Out of this world.
In a regular install the Parrot "intercepts" the speaker outs from the existing head unit, in my case I just have nothing connected on that side. Not sure if the parrot can push preamp out, have a look at the install manual downloaded from their website it has everything on there. If your starting from scratch the Parrot may not be the best choice. It was easy for me since I had already installed it.

May not be in your budget but for a super slick install and power amp integration check out the Audison bit One. Use it with a usb DAC and OTG cable.

I control audio from the touch screen, you can from parrot remote but I find it finicky depending on the audio application currently playing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
metajames is offline   Reply With Quote