*** Banned ***

Member#: 328794
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
Ice Silver Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornesoldier View Post
If you keep trading it in, you could of paid of that subaru. just my 2 cents.
how old are you?

seriously, how many 20somethings can fork out $25k for a car w/o mommy and daddy's money? *that's my first thought*

say your life changes, girlfriend/wife/husband/kids get laid off and get a lower paying job... again, i've seen seen this on all other walks of life as well.

guns, computers, game consoles, tools, boats, HOMES - yes, even homes... happened to one of my friends... he became "house poor" after a divorce. he luckily sold it off but had to give his soon-to-be ex half of the money, and his brand spanking new Honda Accord was the only thing we walked away with. at the time, also a $29k (ish) car. well, he also had about $20k in debt form legal fees, moving expenses and you get the picture.

he barley popped the cherry on his brand spanking new ride (paid cash) and sold it at huge loss.

he went from having a 2500 sq ft, 2 car garage, newly built house to living in a room. he ended up moving back up north to his parents because he was so depressed. i honestly thought he was going to eat a Glock at one point or another.

look at other car forums, Muscle Cars, SUV's, Trucks... same thing.

as pointed out before, a 2011 is not "new"... i've had my 2012 since August. it's "new to me" but i've seen 2012's for sale on here with 30k miles, unmolested... people's priorities change.

Airborne huh? you in the military? or hoping to join. living in the Barracks and having no responsibilities outside of a car payment and cell phone bill is not like being out here. (dual-military couples are just as guilty too). steady check + multiple tours = SWEET RIDE. until reality sets in the flat bed comes for it.

that was a normal occurrence when I was active duty. PFC's and SPC's driving $40k trucks. then, reality sets in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ChesterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote