Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320547
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
Hmm interesting I might get a pair. Now I understand why everyone says the OEM foglights are just aesthetic. I've gotten a chance to drove in very thick fog over the weekend and the fog lights did not make a different at all. However I was VERY impressed with the low beams on my WRX. It was bright and shoot out good beams in front of the car. Will these xenonmatch/endurance bulbs improve the illumination a bit? or is the problem lie in the design of our fog light projectors?
I've never had a pair of stock fog lights that were worth a damn when driving in the fog, the Hoens just look better. I can't stand having two different color whites in the front, that's all. (I'm a scientist and worked on white OLED lighting for a while and trying to match whites almost drove me mad)

I will say I do like the adjustable height HID low beams though. You can lower them so they're just lighting up the road right in front of you, so you get a lot less glare from the fog. Problem is they are pointed down, instead of a true fog light that is low, with a sharp cutoff, and pointed out. So, you get less glare, but you also don't light up much of the road.

I think ultimately what you'd want to do, if you were doing a lot of driving in the fog, is go with an HID fog light retrofit (like this), and point the low beams down and you might be in good shape.

We get a ton of fog in the Bay Area so I'm considering this but it's down on the list after tint, stage 1, and Michelin Super Sports.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote