KMA2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254771
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatchback
silver - Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk93TT View Post
I like my catted perrin DP, maddad whisper catback, drop in filter in stock air box, stage 2 OTS tuned. Quiet and quick.
Yes, I was looking hard at the maddad whisper a few years back. It definitely appears to be high quality and seems to have a great, low growl that isn't too loud. Price is a bit high though. Maybe I will start with the catted DP and tune, and upgrade to some like this down the line if I still have the itch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyrama View Post
+1 on Maddad. The whisper was designed exactly for people like you. The items are really well made, a gentleman's exhaust. I have personally met the owner of Maddad and it's a guy that I like giving my business to. He sometimes takes extra few days to respond but if you have a problem, he does get back to you and stands behind his products. The whisper is exactly what you're looking for. I am running his street essentials exhaust, which is a little bit louder than whisper and it's very much a worthy DD setup. The only downside, the price. You get what you pay for. And what you're paying for is the design and quality of construction. As a second option, consider TurboXS setup. It's supposed to be quiet and the price is pretty competitive. Whatever you go with, just remember that the hatches are much more prone to droning and few options out there will not drone and be quiet inside. Your choices will be limited because of that. I can tell you, there are few things more annoying than a droning exhaust. Don't make that mistake because you wanted to save a few $$.
Great feedback! Thank you! Yes, drone is not really an option at all for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod maniac View Post
Im a old guy also (49) with a picky wife, the maddad with a catted down pipe works for us, no drone. A custom tune is also the way to go. I went with an e-tune.
Right, thinking e-tune too. Great feedback on the maddad... it's definitely in the running if I go full turbo back right away. Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KMA2 is offline   Reply With Quote