Concillian
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4414
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Midnight Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
b) the oil drain/turbo clocking position will be dictated by the wastegate bracket! (only one position where it is truly "happy" which you may have already found out)
I haven't gotten there quite yet. The twinscroll AVCS oiling line interferes. I found out lastnight that I have to remove the intake manifold and coolant crossover to swap with the USDM AVCS line. Ouch.

In the meantime, I left a message at FR a little before close yesterday about what appears to be a mixup in my kit, no 3/8 NPT to -10AN adapter, but I have a -10AN straight fitting that wasn't in the parts checklist. Really wanting to swap Thursday and the line is so much easier to deal with on the stand than in the car, I may just try to find the adapter at a local speed shop.

Haven't gotten to coolant yet, but it looks like I reuse one of the stock banjo fittings and the other gets the -6AN and adapter based on this pic that was posted a couple times already:
I'm sure this would have been obvious when I can get the twinscroll oil line out of the way and I can actually get bolts in the uppipe --> manifold joint so I can see how everything lines up, but seeing the picture eliminates guesswork. This one picture helps quite a bit in figuring out what goes where.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Concillian; 01-29-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Concillian is offline   Reply With Quote