thuston1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345298
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Base
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanguy View Post
Anyone know if cruise control can be added either aftermarket or OEM on the 2012? I used to install Rostra aftermarket kits back years ago but have been out of the business for a while. Figured I would come here and ask those that have done so...

We'll I found my answer I guess - Rostra makes one not shown in their current catalog but it won't work with my manual transmission. I guess time will tell if there comes a solution...
This is a huge disappointment to me! I am sad to say that the main reason I am here is to try and get the word out to folks that the 2013 base does NOT come with cruise control. I am a week into my 2013 Impreza Base with CVT ownership, and cant believe I walked out the door with a car w/o cruise. The fact that this car is made WITH Bluetooth standard, but with Cruise not only unavailable, but with NO OEM upgrade option for it is a farce and something Subaru should be actively trying to message to potential Impreza buyers. I feel decieved. Yes, I made a mistake here, but I cant be the only person who assumed that the car had cruise when it clearly has power windows/doors/keyless entry/bluetooth .... And even with that assumption, Subaru should have a clear training program using that missing cruise feature to be the FIRST up-selling point that the salesmen use to upsell to a Premium Trim. Subaru's 'build a car' feature on the website also does not make this clear. The bullet points for features on 'Premium' doesnt include 'Cruise Control' as one of the things you get. It should be the FIRST thing in their list.

Frankly, while I am otherwise very happy with my base Impreza, this is in my opinion, a collection of egregious errors on the part of SUBARU, and with no OEM option for having the feature installed, it shows they don't care to even attempt to fix the errors.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
thuston1 is offline   Reply With Quote