Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345311
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX 310whp
Spark Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeawind View Post
US dealerships are refusing to sell to Canadians, i have tried numerous Subaru dealerships to sell a brand new Wrx to me but so far no success. As soon as i tell them that i'm from Canada they inform me that they cant sell a new Subaru to me. SOA stop this unethical policy against the Canadian buyers. Please let me know if you know a dealership who would sell a new wrx to me. Thanks
I work for a Harley dealer in Seattle and know that we are unable to sell new bikes to Canadian buyers because of trade agreements. If a dealer is caught violating this policy even one time they risk losing their franchise from Harley and will be shut down permanently. It's the same for most car dealers as well. Some dealers have tried getting passed this policy by selling a new vehicle to an employee and said employee will "trade in" that car immediately thereby becoming a used vehicle with no miles. A dealer who had been in business for over 30 years was caught doing this and lost its franchise closing its doors forever. From a dealer standpoint the risk is too heavy to sell even one new vehicle to a Canadian buyer. Canadian buyers can purchase any used vehicle but unfortunately nothing new.

I know it is an unfortunate policy from a Canadian buyer standpoint, but hopefully this helps explain why a US dealer is unable to sell you a new car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matty_C is offline   Reply With Quote