Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320547
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
The color won't matter. I think the projector or the output of the fogs on the WRX/STi isn't good enough or something. It isn't projecting or illuminating the high beams like it's supposed to. On my Acura I have clear lense and the same color fog lights with my WRX but they definitely make a different in fog.
This. "yellow fogs are better in inclement weather" is just an old wives tale. Think about it this way, when you are projecting light, yellow is just white minus the blue. So if it were true that yellow would be better in fog, then those of us with white headlights would see mostly blue reflected back at us, and since the yellow wouldn't have this it would penetrate better. But that isn't the case. The white looks like the same white the headlights are putting out, meaning all wavelengths are being reflected (roughly) equally. So yellow lights are just going to light up the fog and make it look yellow, they don't penetrate it any more.

That said, if you want yellow fogs because they look cool or you just like the way the road looks when they light it up then by all means go for it. Just didn't want someone investing in something that isn't going to do what you want it to do.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote