View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #1703
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Originally Posted by thuston1 View Post
This is a huge disappointment to me! I am sad to say that the main reason I am here is to try and get the word out to folks that the 2013 base does NOT come with cruise control. I am a week into my 2013 Impreza Base with CVT ownership, and cant believe I walked out the door with a car w/o cruise. The fact that this car is made WITH Bluetooth standard, but with Cruise not only unavailable, but with NO OEM upgrade option for it is a farce and something Subaru should be actively trying to message to potential Impreza buyers. I feel decieved. Yes, I made a mistake here, but I cant be the only person who assumed that the car had cruise when it clearly has power windows/doors/keyless entry/bluetooth .... And even with that assumption, Subaru should have a clear training program using that missing cruise feature to be the FIRST up-selling point that the salesmen use to upsell to a Premium Trim. Subaru's 'build a car' feature on the website also does not make this clear. The bullet points for features on 'Premium' doesnt include 'Cruise Control' as one of the things you get. It should be the FIRST thing in their list.

Frankly, while I am otherwise very happy with my base Impreza, this is in my opinion, a collection of egregious errors on the part of SUBARU, and with no OEM option for having the feature installed, it shows they don't care to even attempt to fix the errors.
I feel your pain. I have a 13 spt lmtd with moonroof, had to buy out of state due to only car in color, w/moonroof, I could find on east coast, and night before traveling to get car, called to assure all was fine, only to find out they mis-informed me that car did not have fact sat radio.. sat only comes with Nav from factory, can't be added after the fact... Really??

Asked specifically a few times while negotiating with sales staff. The 2012's could have sat w/out Nav?? HD radio, I dont want/need that!!! The dealer did put an aftermarket sat radio that plays through aux jack as a resolution.. but what a joke.. top line imprezza and cant get sat radio. President of the dealership could not beleive it either when I complained. And dont get me started on the MPG's.. well documented, actually keeps getting worse, not better, Engine Break-in my a$$. Love, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru - should say Lies!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote