2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj8915 View Post
Couple questions before I attempt this project this weekend:
My replies:

Quote:
1. Does the kit come with the proper screws to bolt up to the light? Some people say everything is included to bolt up the d2s projector, and some say they have to go down to a hardware store to purchase new screws. So what is it?
I had everything come in my kit. I needed to get some other things (tools) but all of the fasteners were there.

Quote:
2. Do I keep halogen high beams with this setup even if I don't connect the HID high beams?
Yes

Quote:
3. Did you guys have any issues breaking the bumper clips when removing the bumper?
Not at all. Very easy to remove the bumper. Nervewraking(sp), but easy.

Quote:
4. I've read that taking out the stock projector ruins the OEM aim settings for the horizontal position and it's a pain in the ass to fix this. Can anyone confirm? Is there a way to remove the stock projector without screwing with the aiming settings?
No way to do it wihtout killing th eaim. I wish that there was, but there isn't. DO your best to setimate the number of turns (write them down) from full-articulation in both directions for both adjustments. I forgot to do this and wish that I had.

Quote:
Any general tips?
Give yourself a whole day and use LOW heat to slowly bake the lights open and to heat them to close them back together. Have a spare car available in case you need to make a food/tool/beer run.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote