I just finished the SPT install on mine. It looks great, and yes, I had to remove the IC to do it. No matter how careful I was, I dropped all of the little lock washers and a couple of the spacers down below. I was not able to line up all three bolts for the life of me, so I installed the bottom left and top bolt. If there are any issues, I can try to fit the other bolt on later, now that everything is threaded. I was interested to see that there was only one bolt on the bottom installed from the factory. I also had to bend the handle of the transmission dipstick, to keep it from touching. My back and legs are killing me, LOL. This install was a pain in the butt, for sure!
Update: I was finally able to get the third bolt in. I loosened the existing heat shield screws, and tapped the original heat shield with a rubber mallet to get the last hole to line up. I did so after seeing some strange knock events on my data logs, and it wasn't terribly difficult. Now it's done for good!