2006 STi
WR Blue

Default Killer Bee Oil Pickup

Car info:
2006 STi - 46,000 miles
Stage II w/ 3 port BCS and custom tune.
Cheapo Short Ram Intake
Background:
I was browsing, looking for my next mod when I came across the Oil Pickup Failure Thread. I noticed that the highest rate of failure was the 2006 STi, and that the average mileage for failure was right in the neighborhood of where I was at. I also saw several attempts at better pickup tubes made by many different vendors. The one that looked like a newly engineered solution rather than re-enforced garbage was from KillerBee Motorsports. At the price I was hesitant to buy it, but then every time I started the car I would start wondering if this would be the time that the pickup broke and had me in line to buy a new block.
The part shipped quickly, the build quality is phenomenal and the fit is actually better than stock.
Installation had a couple points where I almost said screw it and left the factory one on there - namely removal of the oil pan. No worries though, a putty knife and rubber mallet do the trick just fine.
Re-assembly was a piece of cake and went quickly. I allowed the RTV sealant to set the recommended amount of time, topped it off with oil and cranked the car over. The oil pressure light turned off before the car even finished cranking! With the factory pickup it would shut off after about a second.
I highly recommend this piece.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
roadtrip1098 is offline   Reply With Quote