Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
APM Tuned
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 282460
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Evo-STI
R.R.-WRB

We've been a supporter of D2 for a while. They've changed what they do and how they do things a few years ago which allowed the company not to fall to the way side.

We've sold dozens of sets and have had great success with every kit we've sold. We've also been around enough and have invested enough money into testing numerous sets of coilovers. A few of them have (the more expensive units really) were NOT wort the costs compared to a few of the more affordable units. Only reason I mention this is because you're looking for a unit that you don't have to service every year, that you can adjust when you'd want to and not have issues with the collars seizing or the top hat pillow balls clunking and acting up.

We've also converted a few people from coilovers that were actually on the car. One factor is that the D2's (the sets that we've encountered) haven't had any issues with seizing or being obnoxious and loud or even requiring service yet.

I'm sure someone else will chime in on the options as there are many and many people will have something to mention which is the plus side. I won't deter anyone from saying one is better than the other, there is no such thing because one will be a bit smoother than an other, one will be a bit more aggressive, one will require you to have less attention into maint (i.e. spraying PB blaster on the strut bodies once a month and washing them every so often).

Also, D2's do not carry a lifetime but a one year, the company blue is referring to is DGR. They've also changed how some tings work due to some prior issues they had had.

Think about searching for reviews after a few others are mentioned...but quality reviews rather than "it works or it doesn't".

-Mark
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
APM Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote